In doing QA-esque things for friends and coworkers, I have noticed that some people do not have a good sense of how to ‘QA’ something. I compiled a short list of questions below that I ask myself.
Does the system handle1…
- a little input?
- a lot?
- A LOT?
- a ‘normal’ amount?
- one value that is really short?
- one value that is really loooonnnnnnggggg?
- something of a weird type?
- input that is already in the system?
- input with special characters (e.g. Unicode) in it?
- go forward
- go backwards from each step
- go back-and-forth between steps